About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Monday, February 4, 2019

Hello Friends!  Daniela here with a really fun home decor project using the new QUEST line by Authentique Paper!  This line has everything you've ever wanted in a travel line.  Airplanes, maps, signs, luggage tags (even RIO) (by the way I'm from RIO), and so much more fun ephemera.  It features a beautiful bright RED and gorgeous blue.

I've had this wood frame sitting in my craft room for a long long time.. just never felt the urge to use it until today.  I was so inspired by the papers and the theme.  I just grabbed a pile of photos from a trip a few years ago, and got to work.  

This is an all wood frame and I've painted it with Dylusions Postbox Red paint.  


It has 3x4 and 4x6 in openings so I just started decorating each box which was so much fun!  The photos I get are 3x3 sized so I can practically use them anywhere. It also gives me more room to decorate each box.  I just love the vintage elements of this paper line.  From the saluting woman to the beautiful floral patterns, this line has something for everyone.  I've grabbed a few charms from my stash, and Tim Holtz Sizzix dies, which matched perfectly and made some new embellishments with my dies and the papers in this line. 

For this top left part of the frame, I fussy cut the "globe" and then adhered it onto another 3x4 piece.  I tied a little red twine with a heart charm around the globe.  I popped out the "marker" piece and had a small hole punch which fit it perfectly.  Adding pop foam and distress ink pulls all these pieces together.


For the bottom left of the frame, I used one of the 3x4 cutouts of the sentiment and added a puffy heart sticker I had in my stash.  For the 3x4 on the very bottom, I pulled out my Tim Holtz Sidekick Mini Dies, and used paper from the collection.  It features two planes, a world, suitcase and stamp from one of the papers.  I also added a manila tag from my stash with a little memo of where/what we were doing.












This below is the middle right of the frame.  I loved the sentiments on the 3x4 cutouts and I've used a lot of them on this frame.  I've also used the Tim Holtz world dies and cut it out with the papers from the line.  It turned out so cute in these papers!  
Now, I'm ready to hang this darling frame up.  I think I want it right in the hallway.  It as a great trip to Hollywood, just me and my son.  These papers make it so easy to document a trip.  The elements all work so nicely together, whether you've just taken a weekend away or flown across the world, QUEST will be the perfect paper line for you to use!
Have a great week friends! 
Daniela Costa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages