About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Friday, June 16, 2017

Fathers Day Share featuring Authentique Paper!

Hello Friends!  I am so happy Authentique Paper made not one but TWO fantastic masculine collections.  Rugged and Dapper are perfect for any man in your life.  I've been playing with the Dapper line alot!  Its right up my alley, retro vintage with a modern twist.  I have been making my husbands cards for almost 15 years now and I wanted to go outside the box and do a different kind of card.  I came up with the card below.  It features the Dapper Collection, the Dapper Sticker Sheet, and the Dapper Life Cards 3x4".

I started with the idea of a 6x6 card.  I also wanted it to open differently, so I made it open from the bottom instead of the side.  I used a heavy black cardstock for my base.  Using the Dapper collection makes any project easy, because there are so many fun papers and elements you can cut out.  The above "classic" is a portion of a 12x12 paper.  Perfect for the cover of my card.  I used a punch to punch out this great saying from the 3x4" Life Cards.  Finishing the front is a few stickers, twine and (hard to see) brass Ace playing card charm.  




I took off from my 6x6 base and started adding different sized flips and flaps.  Two of the flaps open to the left and two open to the right.

This was fun, figuring out how it all works, and I think my hubby will like the creativity!

I love the sayings on this paper!  They have great vintage images, but are so tongue in cheek and are SOOO true!

I used pieces of Life Cards, Sticker Sheet, and paper to decorate each flap, along with some coordinating cardstock.










This photo shows the two right flaps open.  Plenty of room for writing him a love note!



















Here is the card fully open with all flaps decorated.  I also added a pocket on the bottom of the card.  I decorated a few Life Cards and my kids and I will put some notes in here.  We might even grab a Gift Card and it would fit nicely inside.  The final touch will be a photo right there in the top middle of all of us.

I really enjoyed making this fun interactive card and hope you get inspired to try your own flip flap card!

Enjoy your Fathers Day, celebrating any man in your life that makes you smile or laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages