About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Let's Road Trip to Disneyland!

Hello Friends! Today I'm sharing my "Roadtrip to Disneyland" Mini Album. I am so excited about this new paper line from Authentique Paper!  It features all kinds of vintage Disney items, as well as classic road trip icons.  For this project, I wanted to make a smaller album and utilize a 6x6 paper pad.  Since every paper is a smaller print than the larger, it is perfect for projects like this one!

For this Mini Album, I used a Pinecone Press 4x6 Chipboard album cover.  I did not use the inserts, but made my own, since I wanted more pockets, more flaps and use a black cardstock base.  Using a 6x6 pad made this project great because I could use every single paper in the line.  Since its so hard to choose a favorite and they all go together so well, its hard to only pick a few papers from any of Authentique's collections.


I really wanted to feature the paper on my cover since I love each and every one!  To utilize each fun paper, I made my own embellishments with Glossy Accents by Ranger and Fragments from Tim Holtz.  I love doing this with paper as you can show off the best parts of a paper and make your own embellishments.  As you can see I picked out a Mickey head, a parking stub, an entrance ticket and many more.  Since you receive more than one paper in each 6x6 pad, its easy to "double up" your elements with paper as well.  For "Mary Poppins", she is on the paper below, and I just fussy cut her out of my second sheet and pop foamed her on top.  I added the side paper ribbons and a charm from my stash.
Here you can see how WIDE this album is.  I love albums like this... gives you more room to add embellishments and pop foam!

Here is the first page of the album.  I love making pockets and tags with all my papers.  My favorite paper in this collection is the trailers! I would love to have a "vintage" trailer and go on roadtrips.  All of the super cute trailers on the main paper are adorable.  On your cutout sheet in your 6x6 you'll find great images and sayings that go with the line.


Here is another page in the album.  On the left I feature a pocket with a tag.  On the Right, the flap showing opens up to give you more room for photos and journaling.  I also love to overlap strips of paper onto others.  Its a great way to show off both papers and your eye goes right to it.  All 3 of the 'sayings' shown are part of your 6x6 pad.  Perfect proportion to the papers!  I matted each one on black cardstock.

I wanted to show off the tags I always make for my albums.  I use left over bits of paper and sayings/cutouts to decorate them.  Its always fun to use up all the bits of your leftover papers, so don't throw them away!
This is another type of page in the book.  Its a top flap.  The brick flips up to reveal the darling paper underneath.  This paper is a collage of vintage entrance tickets to the park.  Just adorable!

Showing you one more page from the album.  Left is a pocket and the right is a flap open to the right.  My family and I are planning a trip to Disney before the end of the year and I can't wait to fill this album up with all my photos and memorabilia.  
I hope you've enjoyed seeing my Mini Album!  This paper collection is called "Pastime" and I absolutely LOVE it! 

Daniela Costa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages