About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

June is going to be GREAT!

Can you believe its the end of May?  Where has this spring gone?  Tony only has 2 1/2 weeks of school left and I'm frantically trying to find things for him to do. I'm planning our annual road trip for end of July which I can't wait for.  We take two weeks and just hit the road knocking things off our "Summer Bucket List".  We head down to southern CA and hit the beaches and foodie stops along the way.
On the artsy front, I'm having so much fun Art Journaling.  I will admit, I was so hesitant up front on doing this.  When you go online or onto Facebook and look up Art Journaling, the information out there is so overwhelming and people are "true" artists out there with their Journals.  I was very intimidated and didn't know if I would start.  So, I just grabbed my favorite stamps and supplies and started playing.  I am more supply driven in my art than inner artist driven so playing with product is essential for me.  I'm more afraid of a blank canvas with little supplies, than tons of new fun product to play with.  I approached it as a scrapbook layout with products not pictures.  Its really working for me.  I'm really enjoying the process, the mistakes and figuring out what works and what doesn't.  Thats where you'll come in.  I'll do all the testing and show you the right way to do it and what works and what doesn't.  I'm teaching 3 workshops this summer at Its All About the Scrapbook in Dixon.  They are Friday night sessions and our first one is June 26th at 6pm.  My approach will be to teach you a full two page layout, take our time and then you can play with those products to make more pages or backgrounds for you to finish later.  I'll show you what works and what doesn't and how to mix products and get great results.  You'll unleash your inner artist I'm sure.  I hope you can join me in some of these classes.  If Dixon is not accessible to you, I'll be teaching this in other places soon after.  I'll let you know! Below are some of my most recent layouts.  My favorites have featured our Crazy Birds Tim Holtz Stamp Set, and the Prima Bloom Girls.  Each feature different products and different ways to use them.  Call the store at 707-676-5252 to sign up for this great journey into Art Journaling
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages