About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Monday, May 4, 2015

Happy National Scrapbook Day/Month!

Hello friends!  I hope you had a wonderful National Scrapbook Day this past weekend!  I was so excited to attend Scrapbook Island's Creative Escape 3 day crop in San Jose.  I designed and taught the make and take mini album for the event, and I also had 3 wonderful days of cropping with my best friends.  It was a fantastic time and Laurie puts on a really fun event.  Scrapbooking is such a fantastic hobby that puts all these talented women together and we all become fast friends.  I met lots of wonderful new friends and saw lots of friends I hadn't seen in awhile which was great!  I was able to actually do some Scrapbook layouts.  Usually when I attend these events, I try to not to any kind of class samples/or designer assignments.  I really try to get a few things done for myself.  With my new job and working so much this past year, I didn't take a lot of time to do layouts for me.  I missed that and was so excited to play with new paper lines and get some personal scrappin done.  I've shared a few here today, and will share more in the days to come.



BoBunny "Forever Young" collection is fun, vibrant and was the perfect collection to use when making layouts of Me and Tony in Venice Beach.  I love the elements, paper and chipboard.  

 This is a layout of Tony at the "Fish House" in Monterey last year.  He loves adventure eating and was a little weary of the full calamari, but was a champ and ate it up and loved it!  I've used Heidi Swapp papers and embellishments on this page.  I love her color palette and wood veneers!











This is another layout using Heidi Swapp.  These pictures are some of my favorites from last years road trip.  We were in Monterey and found a street named "Anthony" Street.  Tony was super excited and I love the capture I got with his cool hat and glasses.  It reminds me of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" Johnny Depp.  I'm a huge fan of Heidi's papers!










This collection from Kaisercraft "Wanderlust" was easily one of my favorites that I used this weekend.  The papers have a "vintage but modern" feel to them.  The papers, die cuts and cards are just adorable and I had a hard time choosing which ones to use as they are all so cute!  I am making a travel album from our trip to Brazil and its in an 8 1/2 x 11 format.  I haven't done this in a while and it was fun to scrapbook in a different size.  It come together quickly.




One final comment, I bit the bullet and ordered my pictures in advance from Persnickety Prints.  I chose 3x3 format with a white border.  I am SO HAPPY I did!  I love love love these prints!  They are not only adorable, but hearty, thick and you can easily go through them without worrying about fingerprints or smearing.  They really make my pages pop!  I am hooked and will use them without hesitation for all my photo printing needs!  You can order them as well at Persnickety Prints Website

I'll now be working on getting some classes on the books.  I do have the Bird Crazy Card Class that is going to be at Scrapbook Island's Creative Escape on May 17th at 11am.  You can get more information at the store or in their next newsletter!  I'm super excited to teach at this wonderful store.  More to come soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages