About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Sad Day

Well if  your on this social media thing, you've now received the news of the closing of one of the best local scrapbook stores...

I wrote a little blurb on my latest newsletter about it and thought I'd put it here as well.

Welcome to April!  April is a bittersweet month for me.  We have all received the news that our Local Scrapbook Store, Scrapbook Territory is closing its doors.  12 Years... 12 Years she was in business!  I hope everyone has the opportunity to go down to the store and say goodbye to a place where you met your best friends in this hobby, where you bought your first Basic Grey Paper or Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  I think Scrapbook stores are more than just a place to buy paper and ink, its a place where we are sharing our lives and memories with each other.  We document our lives, our families lives and during that time you share intimate time with other women, who might end up being your best friend for life.  These women we would have never met, or been friends with unless we had this wonderful hobby. I know I have met lifelong friends through this hobby and some right inside that store.  I can't say enough about Diane, Wilbur and Oliver.  They all brought so much joy and happiness into my life.  I am so excited for Diane's new chapter in life and I hope we can all show her how much she helped enrich our lives through her store.  I have hundreds of friends whom I met in there and I hope we can all find a way to stay friends and see each other again!

I'm also teaching at Memories for the Making at the end of April, I would love for you to support this Local store if your anywhere near there.  The owner is so sweet and the store is great!

I hope to see a lot of you over the next few weeks at Scrapbook Territory for a good cry and a hug!  Please support your local store whether it be 5 minutes away or 45, make a point to help keep these stores around!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages