About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Alpha Stamps April Kit - Alice's Dream - OMG!


This was SO MUCH FUN to make! The Alice Kit this month is AMAZING!  I've added all kinds of fun items from the shop to the April Kit.  Let's start with these FANTASTIC large chipboard playing cards; These come in two pieces, your background, and the top.  I've covered the backgrounds with the darling papers that come in your kit this month, then picked out different images from my Alice Collage sheets (You'll find my complete list of supplies at the end of my post).  Before assembling my playing cards, I used red and black paint I had in my stash.


There are so many little bits and pieces in here... There are Tiny Alice Chipboard Props (find in the store!), I've used many of them in my project.  See if you can find them all, lol!  I spy a chair, a chess piece, hanging heart cards, teapot and teacups.  I've also used one of the Altoid Tin frames of Alice that has the Cheshire Cat on it.  I didn't use it the correct orientation, so I just cut it out of the frame.  I've just used some paints in my stash to color them.

Another fun little side project, is the Faux Book Box Tiny Card Size, with the Mini Card deck.  The Chipboard box needs to be assembled, and I added some paper for the binding, and cut out a mini book cover from one of the collage sheets and finished up the box.  I made it look like the cards were coming from the back of the little box.  I stashed the rest of the cards on the inside.  I found one of the card footmen on a collage sheet and added him to the side.  I really like this little element.












If you notice a little glass bottle on the bottom left of the project;  The shop has these clay sticks of different shapes that you can customize for your project.  I just used my xacto knife and made little slices... they are ADORABLE!  I hadn't even seen this before, so it was so much fun and easy to add this darling element to my project.  I cut up the clay pieces and added them to a 1 1/2' glass bottle.  Then, I took the Medium Bronze White Rabbit Charm and tied it around the bottle with some twine.


I think every Alice project needs to have moss somewhere on it.  I've scattered some moss here and there to give it that forest look! For the "floor" of the project, I took a 6x6 piece of chipboard I had in my stash and covered it with this fantastic paper that is in the April kit.



I hope you've enjoyed following me along on "Alice's Dream".  Please pick up this kit at Alpha Stamps and here is a link to my additional supply list from the website!  THANK YOU! 

April Kit Contents! 


 
 


Daniela 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages