About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Vintage Christmas - December Daily Album

Hi Authentique Friends! I'm up on the blog today and I can't be more excited to share with you my Vintage Christmas Project! This paper is so wonderful, nostalgic and oh so beautiful! Its so hard to choose one side of these papers over the other, so make sure you make projects where you can use both sides of all of them, lol!
I love doing a December Daily and I've done one for over 5 years now. This year I've been so busy that I just couldn't commit to a full December Daily, so I've modified it to work for me this year! Gathering supplies for this project was easy, Tim Holtz Ideaology line of embellishments matches so perfectly with the Vintage Christmas theme. I also knew I had wanted to use one of the Prima Marketing "bubbles" one day, so why not today! I was going big with this album which is also a Prima Marketing Album. This album was premade and features a huge waterfall inside. I knew this was going to be the project for me. I love layering the Authentique Papers because they compliment each other wonderfully. Creating the cover for this album, I used various pieces of the papers and stickers as well as the darling Santa cutout.
This album is really cool as it is super thick and chunky which I love, which also leads to lots of pockets, layers and embellishments.  Authentique Paper makes THE best sticker sheets.  Easily make most of your own embellishments.  I use the stickers to make decorative paper clips, tags, journaling blocks.. they are so versatile, you can use them everywhere.  
Here is the entire album open with all three flaps to the album.  The left side, I made a pocket for notes, more photos, anything at all.  The middle features the beautiful waterfall feature.  I've used numbered brads from Tim Holtz to create a flap for every day in December.  I'll put a photo on each day representing what we did that day in December.  I also wanted to be able to put more than one photo for the big day, CHRISTMAS!  So, I made a hand bound little album out of cardstock and papers and placed the number "25" brad on it.  The ribbons untie and this little album comes right out.  I absolutely LOVE the little deer from the cutout page and have used it on my cover.  
Here is the little album open without the big album.  This will be perfect for people to look through when I finish filling it with photos and memories!

Thanks for joining me on my December Daily journey with Vintage Christmas.  Really one of the cutest lines I've ever used, I can't wait to show you more!
Daniela Costa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages