About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bay Area Living and Updates!

I hope you have had a wonderful long weekend!  I was lucky enough to have Tony home from school for 4 days and I decided we'd start going on adventures in the Bay Area.  There are so many fun things to do here and since we live here, we don't do them enough!  I gave him a few options and he picked Chinatown in San Francisco.  We started our day taking the BART train from our house into San Francisco which for a 7 year old is pretty neat.  We ended up in the heart of downtown, where daddy works.  He came down from his office to see us and walk us to the Cable Car Turnaround spot.  I really took for granted when I worked downtown, I got to show Tony the buildings I used to work in that are big and beautiful.  We hopped on the Cable Car and rode it up the hill to Chinatown. 


Chinatown is the largest Chinatown outside of China itself!  Its filled with little shops, restaurants, grocery and beautiful architecture.  We strolled the streets, stopping to shop, eat dim sum and see the Fortune Cookie Factory which is a unmarked door in an alley.. what a treat!  We had a fantastic day and to see him smile and have fun was so nice!  We have a lot of places on our list, so I'll share our adventures here for you!

This weekend I am attending the Scrap Again crop and sale in Vacaville CA.  Its a great crop held by two wonderful ladies and I have a small booth with goodies and I get to crop with all my friends.  Its only $25 for 12 hours of cropping and they do a fantastic job!  If you ever want to join us (I try to go every other month!) let me know and plan to sit with our group, we have a lot of fun and get some cropping done too! 

I also attended the San Francisco Gift Show and picked up a bunch of new goodies for the ETSY shop, beautiful Soldered Inspirational Necklaces, darling bracelets and fun things, take a look at some on the sidebar and see the full new collection on my ETSY site.

Sunday, I am teaching the Vintage Pink Mini Album featured last week here on the blog!  Please sign up if you'd like to come, I do have space and would love to see you here!  We'll have lots of goodies, snacks, crafting and friend time!  Link is below and on sidebar to sign up or as always, just email me and I'll save you spot! Daniela at theartlife@yahoo.com
Or Sign up HERE at Paypal!

1 comment:

  1. Darn!
    I just read your message today, Sunday, Feb 22nd, at 6:30 pm and missed your class! I love your classes and I'm so sorry I missed this one. I share this computer and it seems to be running funny and slow.
    Hope to see you soon,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Pages