About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Home from CHA... So Excited!

I have had the most fabulous week ever! First Tim, then headed off on a jet plane to CHA. This is my 7th CHA and definitely my favorite! This was one of the first times, I was there to 1. have fun, 2. have fun and 3. buy product. In that order! I usually am working a booth, or with a store helping purchase product or purchasing product to sell on my website. Now that I am headed in a newer direction of only doing kits, and fewer retail straight product, I had less of a requirement to shop and purchase. I took classes, actually did make and takes, and did a fun personal project "Adventures of Trunk". Since I had my trunk I thought it would be fun to document CHA in a different fun way other than straight pictures! I didn't want to just take pictures with my scrappy friends and of product but make it fun for me and fun for everyone involved. One thing I can say about everyone in our industry is that they are so giving and open and friendly. Every single person I went up to and explained what I was doing, loved it and was glad to join in and participate! I have an entire album on Facebook HERE showing the adventures of TRUNK!
I was overwhelmed with feedback on my recent "mention" on Tim's blog, and a bit embarrassed! But if in any way I can inspire more people and get my teaching and message across and enjoyment of what I do out there, then I'll take it! The emails and comments from people all over the world saying that they were going to alter their trunks is fantastic! That is why I do what I do! I had so much fun with my co-hort Lora Oliver, hanging out with Diane and Nikki of Scrapbook Territory, my dear friends at WOW, and all the other wonderful friends along the way, I can't even start to list all the fantastic people I got to see again at CHA! It really is a reunion of sorts for all us scrappy types! There is so much more to share and I'm going to spread out my CHA love for the next week, and tomorrow, I'll post all the things I purchased for either upcoming classes or my monthly project kit club. For now, I share with you my inspiration and the reason a few of you join on following me. I am humbled and hopeful that I can continue to share my passion with all of you and you'll be inspired by what else I can do! (I do make a lot more than altered trunks, lol!)
I have some great news in store to announce in the next few days, so stay tuned! I am getting through all my emails, and unexpected orders from the website, so please stay with me while I take all this on and get through it!
Tony was so happy that I brought him these things from Disneyland, and it was so nice to get 'mommy' snuggles all morning long!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I am thrilled to hear and share in your adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a blast. Lovin' the Tim pic.

    ReplyDelete

Pages