About Me

My name is Daniela Costa and I am a Scrapbook Designer and Educator. I am currently a Design Team member for Authentique Paper, Alpha Stamps and Lynda Kanase Designs. I do guest spots and special events for lots of fun companies! I provide Scrapbooking and Mixed Media classes in the Northern California Bay Area. I do commission and private classes as well. Just contact me

Monday, March 4, 2019

Springtime Banner with Dreamy - By Daniela Costa

Hello Friends!  Daniela here to share with you a really fun "Spring" Banner made with the "Dreamy" collection by Authentique Paper.  This collection is just what we needed on these cold dreary days.  I know we are all dreaming of Spring weather and sunshine.  This collection definitely puts you there!  From beautiful florals and Butterflies to darling cutouts of sweet girls with wings, there are so many things you can do with it!

I had a Chipboard Banner just waiting to be made so I decided to use the Dreamy collection and make this Spring Banner.  I love to layer the Authentique Papers as they all coordinate so beautifully together.  I've used tearing, inking and lots of pop foam on each panel to give it lots of depth and dimension.  I also pulled out my flower stash, buttons, and some dies that would work well with my theme, rosettes and butterflies!

As you can see on the first two letters, I've done a bit of layering of each of the pieces.  Tearing and inking all the edges really makes each layer and paper stand out from each other. The top layer if the beautiful floral paper.  I've tied twine and added a charm, plus a mini bouquet of flowers.  For the P I've added a Rosette along with some butterflies dies to compliment the panel.  Lots of inking and pop foam on all of these as well!

For the R I've layered and inked all my edges.  I've also found a great metal Butterfly in my stash of charms and it matches perfectly for the banner.  On the I, I've added twine some die cut butterflies from the paper and some buttons. 

The last two panels follow the first, with more butterflies in the paper and a metal one, along with a beautiful Rosette made from the paper and another mini bouquet of flowers.  
I had so much fun making this banner and it sure brought a little sunshine to our dreary rainy weather.  I hope you'll make yourself a beautiful Spring Banner with the Dreamy collection!  

I had to add this photo of my little Ginger.  She is always being a cute little puppy and this morning was no different.  As soon as I went to hang the Banner to photograph it, she was trying to grab it right off the couch!  Silly Girl!  
Have a wonderful week everyone!
Daniela 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages